Monday, August 29, 2011

Update from Ndama

I think of Rwanda and our time there almost every day.  It is amazing that such a short visit has etched feelings and memories so deeply in my mind.  I never want to forget this, and I have lots of little reminders in my life - some Rwandan francs in my wallet, a piece of sandstone from the school site on my desk, a basket hanging up at home.  When I remember Rwanda my thoughts always begin and end with the children of Ndama, where the Hobsons-sponsored school is being constructed.

It was thrilling today to receive an email containing photographs of the nearly-complete school!  We visited quite a few schools in Rwanda and this one is definitely the most beautiful.



The front corner of the school

A built-in cabinet inside the school.  I am guessing that the rough part of the wall is where the chalkboard will be fastened.


The back of the school building...

Another view of the front.  The school building consists of three classrooms and an office for the staff at the far right.


Construction supplies on site.

I caught my breath when I saw this photo.  There in the wall of the school is the block that I made when we visited the school site.  I absolutely love this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment